Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day Three Hundred & Ten

Oh mental health days :)

I really just felt like I needed a breather today, so I took the day off of work. I know I just had Monday off for Labor Day, but I worked that Saturday, so it still felt like a normal 2 day weekend to me. Plus, there's something to me about taking an unscheduled day off... of "playing hooky."

It's been an emotionally exhausting week on both the personal and professional levels and to have a day where I can go where I please, do what I please, and not think of anyone or anything I don't want to feels great. I'm currently sitting in a coffeeshop, surrounded by friendly strangers, taking a momentary pause from my life.

I'm so incredibly grateful that I have this option, that I have enough paid personal/sick/vacation days that I can take today off without worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment