Friday, September 14, 2012

Day Three Hundred & Eighteen

When I was seven years old, my classmate Corrine D. became an aunt. She had a much older half sister and one day she came into class announcing that her sister had a baby. Ever since that day I have wanted to be an aunt. I truly cannot even express the extent to which that desire to be an aunt goes. Or how annoying I have been for the last twenty years!!

I'm pretty sure that when my eldest brother, B, started dating R when they were 18, I immediately began asking when they'd have a baby. I probably asked this monthly until after yeeeeeeeears of this they finally asked me to stop asking. I did my best and stopped asking as often. I don't know what my obsession is with being an aunt, but damn it's a strong obsession. I love kids. I love babies. I love the children I babysit for like they are part of my family. And I think that while I'm terrified of being a mother, I know I am going to make a kickass aunt.

This August my mom told me that she had a suspicion that my brother and sister-in-law were pregnant. She didn't know for sure, but she thought so. I told her that if she was wrong and had gotten my hopes up that I would never speak to her again.

Tonight B & R asked to Skype with me and they opened with, "We have the news you've been waiting years for."

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!!!

Of course I immediately went shopping and made a card:




No comments:

Post a Comment