Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day Three Hundred & Nineteen

I love outreach work. I really, really do. But it also F'ing sucks. Today I stood for hours at an event where the booths were shoved into a corner of the parking lot and no one wanted to talk to us. We were in the sun; it was hot as hell; I was getting sunburned; I had to listen to a "gospel talent show," and I honesty thought I was going to lose my mind.

But THANK GOODNESS for other agencies placed in the same situation. At the fair was another agency that had a coordinator who felt the same way I did. We bonded instantly and made jokes throughout the entire day. If she wasn't there, I swear I would have lost my mind.

Sometimes, I swear, outreach events are created to help me feel less alone in my work.

Thank the Universe for this organization and this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment