Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day Three Hundred & Twenty-Four

Today my boss (we share an office) sent me the following email:

"Hey there! You are talking on the phone right now, and I'm reminded that I haven't recently told you how great you are with survivors on the phone, and how pleasant you are when someone calls in! It's really fantastic!!!"

It felt really wonderful to hear such positive words and I feel like this is the one area of my job I (a) feel confident in and (b) truly care about*, so it's really important to know that she thinks I'm doing a good job. And I really appreciate her telling me. Because all of us have such specific roles, we usually work alone and can get so caught up in our own work that we don't remember to tell everyone how well they're doing.



*I care about all aspects of my job, but my interactions with survivors matters most to me

No comments:

Post a Comment