Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day Three Hundred & Sixteen

There's this great quote that goes something like: "What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be."


I bought tickets to a concert for myself and a friend and for a couple months, I had been thinking about how much fun we'd have. I had created all these expectations and hopes around the evening and then our relationship ended and suddenly I found myself with tickets to a show that I couldn't convince myself to go to b/c I wasn't going with her. How could I go to something that I bought as a birthday present for someone else? How could I attend something with someone else, when I knew I would spend the entire time thinking of someone else? 

I kept trying to sell our tickets and it just wasn't happening. I was reaching the point where I decided I was just going to give them away and just eat the cost. Tonight a young woman sent me an email telling me how much she loved the artists playing and she would love the tickets. She couldn't pay quite the cost of what I'd paid, but she offered close and she came over to pick them up. 

I know she is going to enjoy herself at the concert and that she'll be able to live in that very moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment