Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day Two Hundred & Ninety

I continue to feel so grateful that T.B. is back from her trip away from phones. We got coffee this morning (I went into work late! WAHOO) and it was just so nice to be with her. The coffee was AWFUL. The woman who owned the place was AWFUL. T pushed and challenged me in a way that wasn’t “awful,” but wasn’t pleasant feeling either. But she pushed me. It’s been a really long time since I’ve had a loved one who has been willing to say to me: “This isn’t cool. You know too much for this. What the hell are you doing? I support you; but I don’t support this.” And as a “loved one,” I get that. But I really appreciate that she was willing to express those things in words. In being honest, I don’t necessarily know what I’m willing to make different because of what she said, but she at least was courageous, loving, and willing to do so. And the gratitude I feel about that; I don’t even know how to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment