Monday, August 20, 2012

Day Two Hundred & Ninety-Four

Today was a really hard work day. I’ve done so many intakes in my time as a professional, and even in my time as at my current job, I’ve done “worse” intakes. But for some reason, this intake I did this morning, really threw me. To the point that I asked the program director to take an intake we had that afternoon b/c I couldn’t do it and when she said she wasn’t sure she had time, I started to cry pretty hardcore.

And then we had our speak out group, which is actually my favorite part of the week, but I left it feeling so overwhelmed and upset and so many other words I can’t express. The one thing I knew was that I couldn’t go home after that kind of 11 hour day. I just couldn’t. I didn’t fully know what to do or where to go, but I decided to see if V. was free and thank goddess she was. And that L. lives with her. I needed to go somewhere I felt safe and secure and like the world wasn’t completely full of awful, horrible people and experiences. I feel very, very, very blessed that I could sit on V’s bed and watch as she unpacked all her stuff. And that’s what we did. We didn’t talk all that much.

She unpacked. I sat. She unpacked some more. I gave suggestions and sat some more. And I really don’t know what I would have done if that wasn’t a place I could go. I didn’t need to talk; I didn’t want to talk. I just needed to be near safe people. And it made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment