Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day Two Hundred & Eighty-Three

Sort of a repeat, but I am really incredibly grateful for my new boss. I appreciate that she has already made me feel comfortable enough that I can go to her with issues or when I'm upset by something. I appreciate that she is open to feedback, is willing to help me brainstorm, and is totally accepting of tears, emotions, and struggles. I really felt thrown under the bus by someone this week and then it blew up into this big conflict that I really wasn't expecting. The boss was able to listen to me about it, comfort and reassure me, back me up, encourage me to feel what I was feeling, and provide feedback in a positive way. I spent all of Wednesday (and I wasn't even working that day, which made it all the worse) feeling really upset about the situation and I couldn't decide if I wanted to talk about it with the boss-lady. I'm so incredibly glad that I decided to and I am so incredibly grateful that she is who she is and responded as she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment