Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day Two Hundred & Twenty-Two

For my own health (physical and mental) I decided not to celebrate graduation as I had originally planned, with the friends I had envisioned celebrating with. Even though I knew this was the best decision, it still felt hard and crappy and it was difficult to accept that the future I had imagined for so long wasn't going to be true in the present.

I decided I needed to find an equally satisfying way to celebrate all that I've accomplished over the last two years and to do something new and fun, safe and healthy, to mark my way into this new life.

My mom and I went horseback riding up in Central City and it was AMAZING. We took a two hour trail ride up the mountain, past old gold mines, and through a cemetery from the 1800s. The view took my breath away on so many occasions and it felt so awesome to be doing something new.

Tomorrow we're off to Estes Park for the day/night and then will drive the route from EP to Grand Lake through the Rocky Mountain National Park and will stay that night in Winter Park. I feel so blessed to have this time with my mom, to be outdoors, and to be celebrating the start of a new me.




No comments:

Post a Comment