Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day Two Hundred & Forty

Today I was blessed to be able to say goodbye to B.A. There've been quite a few posts about her recently because she is a truly remarkable woman and someone I cannot imagine the past two years without. She has a kind of wisdom, compassion, intelligence, care-freeness, and just joy in her that she freely shares and I so greatly want to emulate. Even when there's something that have her stressed or is upsetting her, she does that amazing thing (to me) of actually feeling and accepting her emotions. She knows they're going to hard and not fun, but she goes through them and seems to come out on this other side. The other side isn't necessarily painfree, but it seems to be a place where she's taken the experience in a woven it into wisdom.

She is one of those incredibly rare friends. The ones who you are so so lucky to come across at some point in your life. And when the heart breaks a bit because you have to say goodbye, one piece of you can hold onto the memories because they are so strong; another piece is knowing that you were blessed to have had your individual journeys cross at the exact right moment, and another piece is knowing that even the the relationship is no longer geographically convenient, the space she holds in my heart means she is always close to me.

It's been quite a while since I've been the one staying as a friend leaves. Usually I am the one onto the next, new, great adventure and have so much newness waiting for me that the sadness of whom I'm saying goodbye to and the excitement over what's to come tend to level out. With this case, I'm just sitting in the sadness for a little bit.

But damn. I was so blessed to Bree here in my life for so long. To have developed our kind of relationship- one that so easily balances the happy with the sad, the two of us alone, or being in a group. We just worked remarkably well as friends.

I will forever be grateful I met her. And I'm going to dig deep and find the excitement for what possible positive changes may come into a now long distance friendship.



I love you B.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment