Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day One Hundred & Thirty-One

Water.

Today I am grateful for water.

And not just the fact that I love to drink water and drink about 120 ounces a day. I am also grateful for the ease within which I get my water. That it flows directly into my faucets, that I can make it hot or cold, that there's enough to fill my bathtub, ice trays, glass, toilet, shower, etc. I don't have to haul a bucket down to a well; I don't have to boil my water before I drink it; I don't have to worry about washing myself clean; my water is just there. (I realize, of course, that this is not truly the case and that there are water issues right here in the USA [see the documentary FLOW, if you haven't yet!!]

I am grateful that with how thirsty I am today (it's one of those days where it feels like I can't drink enough), I simply walk to my kitchen, turn on the tap, pour water into my cup, and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment