Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day Two Hundred & Sixty-Eight

For the past seven months, I've been obsessed with Florence and The Machine. Not only does Florence Welch has an absolutely amazing voice and the songs are that right mix of catchy and complex, but those cds also got me through a lot. I've always been that kind of person who feels that music speaks to her soul and soothes so many wounds.

Tonight I went and saw Florence and The Machine at Red Rocks and it was truly magical. I have never been to a better concert and I've never heard anyone who sounds so much better live. It's like her cds don't come close to doing her justice. Plus, she was so entertaining! She's such a performer and she looked stunning. She looked like an angel in her white gown and there was something about being there, listening to her sing, with people I love, during my first week at new job, after those cds helped me through so much, that just felt right.

I felt so grateful to be standing there singing along: "...And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh whoa; And I am done with my graceless heart, so tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart, 'cause I like to keep my issues drawn; it's always darkest before the dawn..."



No comments:

Post a Comment