Thursday, November 1, 2012

ONE WHOLE YEAR OF GRATITUDE

I'm a goober and messed up my counting somewhere along the line... so I had to go back and relabel every day from 165 to 365. While a tiny bit annoying, what an amazing way to reread a year's worth of posts (I went back and reread them all).

I did it. I actually wrote 365 days of gratitude. When I started this blog last November, I really didn't know if I'd keep up with it or if it'd fizzle away as so many of my journals or blogs have. But here we are 365 days later. I'm a little bit in awe right now.

Rereading a year's worth of blessings, I find myself feeling an overwhelming sense of love and hope and, wait for it... gratitude. Truly though - I don't believe it's possible not to feel such gratitude when so many of my posts mentioned: (a) the incredible people in my life (both currently and in the past), (b) my ability to financially meet my needs, or (c) the lessons I've learned of the past year.

And it's been a rough year, perhaps the hardest of my life. There were a lot of moments when I wasn't sure I was going to make it through and yet, here I am. Here I am with a daily record of incredible moments. Here I am with an accounting of growth, of pain, of beauty, of gratitude, of tiny, tiny treasures that make up a life.


No comments:

Post a Comment